Bella Sunshine Designs Sahara Dress

I love a good sundress. To me a good sundress is something that can go from beach to pool to a neighborhood block party to a date night with a quick change of accessories. Also and this is KEY- it must be comfortable & not finicky when it comes to undergarments, that gets old quick.  A few weeks ago I was able to test for Bella Sunshine Designs. The Sahara dress is a fully line bodice with a full circle skirt, the waist is stabilized with clear elastic- at the time they were testing the girls version. My girls both loved the dress and I have sewn several. While testing I pleaded with the designers, Melissa & Mgeni to make this pattern into a women's pattern. They told me it was on the list so I've been stalking their tester calls since.What do you know last week out came the call and I jumped on board immediately. I have to admit, I'm a big fan of BSD, I think the designs are smart and practical while not being boring.  Also having tested for them many times now, I know they work so hard on fit and I appreciate that as a test, a pattern consumer and mommy seamstress... bad fit can ruin what you'd think would be an adorable pattern. That is never the case when it comes to BSD, the fit is on point.
Girls Sahara 

   So today I can finally share my ladies version of the Sahara. I love the fit and the feel of this dress and since the waist hits on the natural waist line I find it very flattering. Also, though it has a "twirl" skirt the low back and silhouette still gives it a grown up feeling without too much structure. I love a garment that is both stylist and comfortable!

    I really love this dress and the fact that the pattern includes skirt, tunic and dress is great as are all the sleeve options. Being in San Diego I opted for the the sleeveless but i think the short and love sleeves are also great and I can see this dress in an olive ponte or modal for fall under a jean jacket & with some booties. get your own sahara here I have to recommend both the womens and the girls. I love them both and a mommy & me version is definitely on my short list of things I want to sew up soon! 
SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts